spam on *base

Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 17:09:55 UTC 2011

Hi Lukas,

> My plan is~:
> JS adds custom from inputs > Plugin checks if save action is called && user
> is unregistered && form inputs are as expected > let anonymous edits.
> Otherwise 500.

Do you see a way to gracefully handle the non-Javascript case in your spam
blocking code? Some people (such as blind users) use browsers without any
Javascript support. If the KDE wikis are inaccessible to these users, then we
would need to move accessibility-related content to a different location.

It once happened to me that my comments on a blog were silently dropped
because the spam block developer thought that Konqueror's browser agent string
is only used by spam bots. It is important that our own site configuration
does not lead to similar frustrating effects, especially since the people
using our browser are more linkly to deactictivate Javascript for security
reasons (and because some of the old Konqueror versions are less crash-prone
with deactivated Javascript).

Olaf