Joining KDE as Web developer

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 12:56:55 UTC 2011

2011/6/22 Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com>:
> Interesting, interesting... :)
>
> Is the sphinx set up only on forums or on *base?

If Ben was not faster again, i think it is only set up for the forum
yet :P But good thing is the forum and the wikis are hosted on the
same server, so even the db parts might not be a big problem.

> For the basic version it should be roughly 100-150 lines of PHP code for
> each site + 150-200 lines of JS + CSS, so its not that big project. For more
> complex searches, like filtering by author we can just fall back to current
> search interface  :)

One thing that shouldn't be forgotten though. Our current RSS feeds
for the forum are also hacked and use the current search system, so it
is possible to have feeds based on topic/post, author, tags, etc
blabla.
The result should also be usable as feed.

> I could work on this project, but if Jay would like to give a try on this,
> I'd be happy to help him. At the time, if you remember talk on blogging
> competition on promo list, I'm baking a little app for that. Later on that
> :)

Ah right,