Joining KDE as Web developer

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 19:46:36 UTC 2011

2011/6/21 Jay Patel <mynameisjay007 at gmail.com>:
>           I want to work with KDE as a web developer and web designer as
> well. Is there an oppurtunity for me in KDE with above preferences? I know
> html,css,java script and php.
> Regards,
> Jay Patel

Welcome Jay,

there are of course several opportunities for webdevs. :) Right now
the persons working on the web presence of KDE are mostly indeed only
working on that, and no core KDE developer.

What could be done is hard to say, and usually gets done when it comes
up. We have some docs on http://community.kde.org/KDE.org though not
that finished.
Right now we are to switch our backend for the mainsite (and around 60
other subsites) from our custom one to wordpress. Along with that new
design etc. And content review.
As you can see from the above link it is hard to give a good todo. We
use many of the big CMS systems, but also many custom modifications.
So my advise would be to read through that link, and ask again, if you
have a special interest. We might find in each possible area something
:D
You could even join our team channel on freenode IRC, channel
#kde-www, most of us hang around there. And answers are faster. :)

Hope to hear back from you.

Cheerio,
Ingo