About Topic reply notification

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:07:18 UTC 2011

Could a theme be hacked and if user come from email (by extra param in url),
Show the warning about not receiving further notifications + mini login box
*OR*
add a token (eg. $token =
$user_id.'-'.md5($user_name.$last_post_id.$secret)) to emails and mark
messages as read even if user is not loged. Since we knwo user ID from the
link, we can check if we can regenerate md5, if it matches, mark tread as
read. If user follows old link $last_post_id in DB doesn't mach expected by
the link, so doing nothing.

XSS won't work either due to secret :)