About Topic reply notification

Lukas 1lukas1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 20:59:53 UTC 2011

On 3 June 2011 22:51, Ingo Malchow <imalchow at kde.org> wrote:

> 2011/6/3 Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> > How're you doing on the sprint? :)
>
> We are doing quite fine. Even though there is enough to do we still
> have fun. What else does one want :P

Great to hear :)
 I can't promise, as this weekend i'll be working for my exams, but if would
need an extra hand on php/mysqj/js, try to email me

Can you explain what exactly breaks when using a smart phone?

The problem - to read and email you have to leave email client as web
browser gets opened. On even with latest androids jumping around each replay
takes at least an extra 1-3 minutes to web browser to load, to web page to
load, to login, to load again, to close the browser, to open again email
client, to find next message. Its a bit boring repetitive work, that can be
avoided.

> > Especially when it requires to login to READ a reply. is this necessary
> too?
>
> As far as i know the latest reply gets saved along with a user id.
> Being not logged in means not having this. So the system can't know
> which post you are referring to.

Lets say you receive a notification with link like
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=95178&p=197253&e=197253
So it requires login. (on phone, logins is one of the TOP10 things annoys me
the most. Its keyboard is just too small for that)

But if the link gets trimmed like
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=95178&p=197253
No login is required.

Or if you do something like *$new_link = str_replace('$e=', '#p',
$old_link);* ** it takes you to the exact message :)
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=95178&p=197253#p197253

Cheers,
Lukas