Techbase pages which are not ready to be translated

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Dec 25 15:35:59 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2011 02:58 PM, Jumpei Ogawa wrote:
> Hi.

Hello :-)

> On techbase, there seems some pages which translation tool is not
> available. e.g. http://techbase.kde.org/Development There are no
> translation tags on those pages.
>
> I saw source of some pages which are ready to be translated, and
> found translation tags should be like following:
>
> <translate><!--T:1--> Sentense to be translated </translate>
>
> I want to add translate tags manually, but is it allowed?

Yes and no - that is, you can ask me to add them, or you can add the
<translate> tags yourself, if you are confident, but please don't add
<!--T:1--> tags - these are added by the system when we tell it that a
page is ready for translation.  They are used by the system to track
where the individual messages belong, even if, as sometimes happens,
content is reorganized on the page.  Similarly, if you edit a page with
such tags on them you should move tags along with the section they
belong to, but never add new ones.  Again, the system will handle that.

> In addition, when I create English page, will translation tags be
> automatically added? If not, should I add it manually?

Subject to the note above, yes, you can.

The problem on TechBase is that I have been told that some pages
simply will never be needed in other languages, as they refer to
something language specific.  That leaves me not really knowing which
pages can usefully be marked up for translation.  If you can let me
know any pages that you would like to see marked up, I'll be happy to
help.

By the way, the language bar appears (again created by the system)
once the first translation is begun.

So, to recap - you need a translator account (there's a link in the
navigation side-panel) after which you are able to see the "Translate
this page" messages.  We, the administrators, will gladly help you
with markup, but we need your help in knowing which pages should be
translated.  Hope that helps

Anne
- --
Need KDE help? Try