Thank you page

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jun 22 10:26:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Jos Poortvliet
<jospoortvliet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Cornelius Schumacher
> <schumacher at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Monday 21 June 2010 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

>>> Sounds good. But who will maintain it and how do we make sure we don't
>>> miss anything? ;-)
>>
>> We should do some maintenance automatically like expiring old entries with
>> some PHP magic. Other than that the web and promo teams and the board and
>> other volunteers can jointly maintain it, I think.
>>
>> I don't think it will be a big problem if we miss something. People will
>> complain, if they are not listed and think they should.
>
> Ok, sounds good. Should be really easy to update, however, preferably
> without needing svn skills/access - so anyone in the (quickly moving
> and changing) promo team can pick it up...

In this case, it will need to be based in a database, or json file. In
the case of a Database, it will need to be managed, and I don't think
Sysadmin is too fond of www.kde.org using a database for security
reasons. In the case of a JSON file, that would need to go in SVN
still.

Getting the needed SVN access however can be done easily, by filing a
Sysadmin bug report.