Website kde-ev.kde.org ready for Chihuahua?

Matthias Meßmer matthias at familie-messmer.de
Thu Jul 15 16:36:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

Am 15.07.2010 14:33, schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> What are the "issues" that are still open? A quick click-around doesn't reveal
> any technical glitches, but I'm very uncreative when it comes to doing that.
> There's some content I'd re-structure or re-do in light of the different
> presentation, but that's not a blocker in any way.

The main problem I see is that the top level entries have no relevant
content. In the old layout they are "Information", "Activities",
"Documents", "Organization", and "Contact". In the new layout these menu
entries are connected to a page. Two options:

1. You write introducing content for this start page of each section.

2. We change the menu php code to provide empty top level menu entries.

2nd one isn't difficult, but I would prefer 1st one.

>> Let me know what you think about migrating to this layout. You can
>
> I don't know what to say to that. If there's a decision (by the web team, or
> whoever does our aesthetics) that this new stuff is what's needed, then it
> should happen so that the sites are all consistent. Just tell us what needs
> messing-around-with.

The question was who decides whether and when the layout shall be changed.

Best regards

Matthias