Website kde-ev.kde.org ready for Chihuahua?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 12:33:29 UTC 2010

[ Added -www to the recipients. ]

On Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:20:16 pm Matthias Meßmer wrote:
> I helped with porting the website of the KDE Education Project
> http://edu.kde.org to the new layout called "Chihuahua". Step by step
> all websites round about KDE shall migrate to this new layout.

For those of us not on the relevant -www lists and discussion channels, what
does this mean, effectively? What needs changing in the files now in SVN to do
this migration? Do any URLs or links change?

> I made a simple port of the current website of KDE e.V. There are some
> issues open, but for the look and feel you can visit
>
> http://kde-ev.angelaschule-osnabrueck.de

What are the "issues" that are still open? A quick click-around doesn't reveal
any technical glitches, but I'm very uncreative when it comes to doing that.
There's some content I'd re-structure or re-do in light of the different
presentation, but that's not a blocker in any way.

> Let me know what you think about migrating to this layout. You can

I don't know what to say to that. If there's a decision (by the web team, or
whoever does our aesthetics) that this new stuff is what's needed, then it
should happen so that the sites are all consistent. Just tell us what needs
messing-around-with.

[ade]

PS. You'll also have to explain how to do this with api.kde.org for the new
sets of docs (e.g. 4.5 and later) because that all gets done with static HTML.
But that's for a different list.