[kde-promo] Meeting: Website redesign meets Promo

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Mon Jan 11 00:02:35 UTC 2010

In data domenica 10 gennaio 2010 17:47:40, Frank Karlitschek ha scritto:

> It is difficult to work on the content and frontend features if you have
> now idea how it will look like at the end.

My two (euro) cents here. IMO, it is equally important to have actual content
ready there. The CSS/content stuff is not dependent, it can go on parallel
tracks, as I can see it.

So, regarding the content:

a. What would need to be done? And I mean, among the different things that
need to be written, which are highest priority? I'm thinking about "What is
KDE?" and similar stuff, just by looking at kde.org at the moment;
b. How can this content be already put in place?

If "a" can be broken into small bits, I think there would be no problem for
people to pick them up and write things. I bet some stuff can be also taken
from other sources.

I admit I'm not the best guy to say this, as I wanted to do much more than I
could, but perhaps like this the work can be kick-started again. And if a part
is stuck for some reason, there is no need to wait as work can progress on the
parallel track.