bugs.kde.org account creation -> fail

Stefan Richter stefanr at s5r6.in-berlin.de
Fri Jan 1 21:37:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

after entering an e-mail address in an attempt to register an account at
bugs.kde.org, the browser displays a page with the curious message

	Request for new user account 'stefan-r-bz@s5r6.in-berlin.de'
	submitted

	A confirmation email has been sent containing a link to continue
	creating an account. The link will expire if an account is not
	created within 3 days.

but no confirmation arrives, ever.  (I whitelisted ''address :contains
["from"] "kde.org"'' in my spam filters.)

Perhaps your servers attempt to send to a certain
stefan-r-bz@s5r6.in-berlin.de instead of stefan-r-bz at s5r6.in-berlin.de.

Then there is this hopeful contact link to "The KDE sysadmins" at the
bottom of each page.  Nice one, you can contact them only if you already
got an account.
--
Stefan Richter