please move a page in userbase

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 12:30:04 UTC 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 12:05:05 mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de wrote:
> Hello Anne,
>
> Am 15.02.2010 11:47, schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > On Sunday 14 February 2010 18:22:12 Jonathan Raphael Joachim Kolberg
wrote:
> >> Could you please move the page File:KMix_click_de.png to
> >> File:KMix_mixer_de.png, because I uploaded the File under wrong name.
> >> Sorry for that, but thanks for fixing it.
> >>
> >> Sincierly Jonathan Kolberg
> >
> > Only sysop can do this, so I deleted the file for him and the
> > re-named file was uploaded.
> >
> > As far as I know we have only one person with sysop rights.  Is it
> > possible to give those rights to neverendingo too?  I believe danimo
> > will need to do this.
>
> We have many more persons with appropiate rights.
>
> See
> http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Special%3AListUsers&username=&group
> =sysop&editsOnly=1&limit=50

None of those can rename an image.  It sounds silly - I can rename pages, and
even delete them, but I can't rename an image.  I googled for the problem in
mediawiki and found that you actually have to have sysop rights to do that.
I've no idea why.  I'll take it up on the mediawiki ML, but meanwhile, I'm
still requesting that we have a fall-back sysop.  Ingo has a lot of access
rights to userbase code, so it doesn't really make sense that he doesn't have
ultimate rights to userbase content.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group