[kde-promo] www/sites/www-devel

Stuart Jarvis stuart.jarvis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:19:28 UTC 2010

On Friday 05 February 2010 13:09:53 Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> On Friday, 5 de February de 2010 12:54:37 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> > So what about...
> >
> > <goog_1265373880299>
> > The KDE is a group of people, applications and ideas. The KDE Software
> > Collection (SC) is created and maintained by a community of people
> > dedicated to create a free and user-friendly computing experience. KDE SC
> > offers all necessary means to easily build all kinds of applications
> > yadda yadda
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > <goog_1265373880299>
> > The K Desktop Environment® (KDE®) is a graphical desktop and a set of
> > applications. It is created by a community of people dedicated to create
> > a free and user-friendly computing experience. KDE offers all necessary
> > means to easily build all kinds of applications upon.Learn more...
> >
> > ?
>
> yep you guys should work on the text bits :) as usual i'm just looking at
>  the "pretty pictures"

The "What is KDE" type texts have been discussed a lot. I'm assuming that the
web peeps will use some of what we've come up with before - the current text
is clearly just copied from the old site and is planned to be replaced (I
hope). Of course, I and others am happy to help if required...

I was more interested in the image because (to me) it was new - also happy to
help with any of those too (text-wise) if required. Otherwise, I'll leave
people to get on because good things are happening so far.

Cheers,
Stu