[kde-promo] Bad Link

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Sep 9 18:58:00 UTC 2009

A Dimecres, 9 de setembre de 2009, Jimmy Johnson va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > --- El mié, 9/9/09, Jimmy Johnson escribió:
> >>  From the page http://www.kde.org/trykde/
> >>
> >> Live CDs with KDE 3,
> >>
> >> SimplyMEPIS Linux live CD with KDE: http://www.mepis.com/node/79.
> >>
> >> Please change the link to: http://www.mepis.org .
> >
> > Hi, a comment from my side, Cool URIs don't change -
> > http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
> >
> > You can't really expect all pages pointing to your web site to update
> > each time you change them.
> >
> > Albert
> >
> > PS: I'll fix the link once i get back home in 12 hours or so if noone
> > beats me to it.
>
> Thanks Albert, If you have not seen the complete post I'm including it
> so we don't have a misunderstanding. Thanks in advance for fixing this
> small problem.

I've added SimplyMEPIS link.

> Today 09/08/2009 it was brought to my attention that instead of fixing
> the link with a simply copy and paste, it was completely taken down.

The person that took the link down had two reasons for doing it.
 * We are centering on promoting distros that ship KDE 4
 * The link was broken

> Well, you now have a bunch of disillusioned KDE users at Mepis making
> comments like "Why I'm not surprised that KDE people act this way.....".

So KDE people are child eaters?

> I hate to see hard feelings between what I consider the best desktop and
> the best live installable cd.
>
> If the link was put back up, I'm sure it would rectify the problem.

I don't see any problem, the link was taken down because it pointed to an
unexisting page, now you provided a working one and we are pointing there, end
of story. If you feel mepis developers/users think we are doing things against
them please tell them to contact us and they'll see that's not true.

> Thank you and I also thank you for the good/hard work being done with KDE4,

Yeah, let's see when MEPIS starts shipping KDE 4 ;-)

Albert