Bad Link

Jimmy Johnson JimmyJhn at mailcan.com
Wed Sep 9 00:53:37 UTC 2009

 From the page http://www.kde.org/trykde/

Live CDs with KDE 3,

SimplyMEPIS Linux live CD with KDE: http://www.mepis.com/node/79.

Please change the link to: http://www.mepis.org .

Thank you.

On 08/21/2009 I sent the above to webmaster at kde.org and got back a reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the KDE.org Web Team regarding
your mail about "Bad Link".

Your mail has been received and will be processed as soon as possible...

Today 09/08/2009 it was brought to my attention that instead of fixing
the link with a simply copy and paste, it was completely taken down.

Well, you now have a bunch of disillusioned KDE users at Mepis making
comments like "Why I'm not surprised that KDE people act this way.....".

I hate to see hard feelings between what I consider the best desktop and
the best live installable cd.

If the link was put back up, I'm sure it would rectify the problem.

Thank you and I also thank you for the good/hard work being done with KDE4,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian GNU/Linux at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263