Useless referral to www.kdetv.org in kdetv-help

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 27 18:57:31 UTC 2009

A Dimarts, 27 d'octubre de 2009, Julien Michielsen va escriure:
> I installed the kdetv programme, and ran into problems with it.
> In the help-section of kdetv it refers to www.kdetv.org (under "about
>  kdetv"). So I went to look there: only to see the picture of an aged man
>  and woman, who seem to be watching tv. Anyway: not doing anything related
>  to the kdetv-program.
> I don't know if the name of the website (www.kdetv.org) is protected. If it
>  is somehow (and if kde wants to give some contents to a website with that
>  name) I think action should be undertaken. If not (maybe because the name
>  is owned by a different organisation) no reference should be made to this
>  website.

Hi, thanks for the report, unfortunately kdetv.org was a domain held by the
kdetv developer but it's no longer of his property. Since kdetv is no longer
developer either there is no way we can remove the reference to the site
because the developer is not going to do more releases of kdetv.

Thanks a lot for the heads up and sorry we can not fix it.

Albert