Webfacing SVN browser and spam

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Sat May 30 16:55:49 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question about policies. About a week ago someone came on
here looking to close a bug where by his email was leaked to a webfacing page
on the KDE website because he was starting to get spam.

Does KDE have a policy about this sort of stuff? Do we guarantee that there
will be no web crawler able to access files on the KDE website that will reveal
email addresses? If this is in fact the case then are there any policies about
third parties circumventing this defence? There is a file accessible here
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeedu/marble/todo.ics?view=markup that is
publicly available for everyone to see which contains my ( other ) email
address and a quick google search shows that that it isn't indexed by google
at least. My email address is however Indexed by google at a site
https://svn.vidalia-project.net/svn/marble/trunk/todo.ics which hosts the KDE
SVN tree for marble.

I just want to know what people's opinions on this is.

Thanks for your time, and i'm sorry if its a stupid question,

-Andrew
--
Andrew Manson
Working for Marble Desktop Globe http://edu.kde.org/marble/