Sponsoring Konqueror

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri May 29 08:03:17 UTC 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 13:28, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 May 2009, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> >> Thank you for your offer. I forwarded it to one of the Konqueror
> >> developers.
> >
> > Because it's a cash-flow thing, it is also something to bring to the
> > attention of KDE e.V. itself. For 12 months of 100 USD they could even be
> > a supporting member of KDE e.V.
>
> Good point.
> @Maksim: see above and let us know what you folks think.

As aacid points out, it's quite possible that they want to sponsor Konqueror
specifically. Which is fine. If Konqueror developers have the infrastructure
in place to receive donations and deal with taxes (or don't care about
either) then have at it -- but I really would suggest using the existing
infrastructure of KDE e.V. (preferred) or Amarok (if Konqueror is a
sub-project of Amarok) to receive donations. Both can earmark donations, I'm
sure.

There's no mention of a quid-pro-quo in the offer, but remember that we
generally don't sell or farm links and that the tax-exempt status of KDE e.V.
is very important.

Anyway, has anyone answered these kind folks yet?

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot