KDE 4.2 Visual Guide -- a question

Carlie J. Coats coats at baronams.com
Tue Jan 27 20:27:24 UTC 2009

When I installed Mandriva 2009.0's KDE4.1.3, I was never able to
control menus activated by root-window mouse-clicks (what KDE3.x
configured by KControl > Desktop > Behavior > Mouse Button Actions).

After searching and inquiring on multiple fora, I have been completely
unable to find out whether restoring this functionality is "in the
works."  Nor was I able to find out anything from the article

     http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.2/guide.php

It is something I have had in some form or fashion since I first
started using SPARCStation2's back many years ago, and for the kind
of work I do (involving huge virtual screens much larger than the
physical screen, so that I can visualize data sets with dimensions
like 7500x5000 effectively), it is a *drop-dead*requirement*.

Will this ever be fixed in KDE 4.x?

--

Carlie J. Coats, Jr., Ph.D.

6502 Glen Forrest Dr.                            home: (919) 493-7695
Chapel Hill, NC  27517                         carlie at jyarborough.com

Chief Systems Architect                     carlie.coats at baronams.com
Environmental Modeling Center                   carlie_coats at ncsu.edu
Baron Advanced Meteorological Systems, LLC.

920 Main Campus Drive, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27606           phone: (919)424-4444 / fax: (919)424-4401

http://www.baronams.com/staff/coats/index.html

"My opinions are my own, and I've got *lots* of them!"