Incorrect MD5 hash specified

Tanzeel Kazi tanzeel.kazi at zeuslearning.com
Sat Jan 17 13:15:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been downloading the KDE 4.1.4 sources lately. I am using the MD5
hashes specified at http://www.kde.org/info/4.1.4.php to verify my
downloads. The hash check failed on the file kdebindings-4.1.4.tar.bz2. I
downloaded it multiple times but the hash check failed (the hash of the
downloaded files remained unchanged though). I even tried a different mirror
but with the same result. I am specifying the details of the hash
inconsistency below.

Filename

MD5 specified by KDE website

MD5 of downloaded file

kdebindings-4.1.4.tar.bz2

d884a819f161fb17e66462dc4bbfeedc

d96fc787abcc6d7d9b3f2f1467fe226b

I believe that the MD5 specified on the website is incorrect as the download
from the mirror also results in the same MD5. Please let me know if I have
the correct file and update the site as necessary.

Thanks & regards,

Tanzeel Kazi.