http://worldwide.kde.org/

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Tue Jan 13 13:34:11 UTC 2009

Hi

Sorry for not answering earlier. Busy times.

I have quite a backlog of submissions which accumulated because I really did
not want to continue the site in its current status.

I took it over some years ago and only streamlined the process a little bit,
but the way it is done now is just not working.

Currently the images are done using a Makefile, some perlscripts and xplanet.
The image on physos.net is only for the little night/day effect with the
according cronjob.

I am willing to give the whole package to somebody who wants to take over the
site since I do not have the time to bring it into this century.

There is only a slight problem with the ancient parts of the data. There was a
line in the old forms which stated the data not to be published, except as a
map IIRC. Thats why I did not check in the current thingie. (and the e-mail
addresses in there :) )

Perheaps we can meet on IRC and I can explain the current workings and such,
to whoever wants to take it over.

MfG
	 Rainer