http://worldwide.kde.org/

Rainer Endres endres at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 13:41:00 UTC 2009

Hi

Sorry for not answering earlier. Busy times.

I have quite a backlog of submissions which accumulated because I really did
not want to continue the site in its current status.

I took it over some years ago and only streamlined the process a little bit,
but the way it is done now is just not working anymore.

Currently the images are done using a Makefile, some perlscripts and xplanet.
The image on physos.net is only for the little night/day effect done with the
according cronjob.

I am willing to give the whole package to somebody who wants to take over the
site since I do not have the time to bring it into this century.

It is not in SVN, because some data was not meant to be there and some things
are just too big (the images for the Java applet are on ktown for example.)

There is only a slight problem with the ancient parts of the data. There was a
line in the ancient web forms which stated the data not to be published,
except as a map IIRC. This is why I did not check in the current thingie. (
the e-mail addresses in there are another reason :) )

Perhaps we can meet on IRC and I can explain the current workings and such,
to whoever wants to take it over.

I would suggest a little database with a review/moderation interface instead
of external data storage, but thats me. This is what I wanted to do and have
no time for ATM.

BTW, Danny has something similar for the Digest.

MfG
	 Rainer