Restructuring techbase and userbase

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:20:03 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:

>> We need something similar for lokalize.
>> How to deal with that? A userbase page (few lines, a screenshot and some
>> links) and techbase page for lokalize does not leave the same mark as a
>> page made with Capacity.
>>
> Sorry, I don't know Capacity, so I can't comment on that.  However, there
> are limits to what we can do without the direct help of the devs
> concerned.  End- user applications are relatively simple - we can take any
> summary that we find on the web and add personal experiences - but tools,
> particularly developer tools, are a different kettle of fish.

Capacity is the system used for making the *.kde.org pages, such as the
kbabel one etc.

I don't see any problem with having an appname.kde.org if the developer of
appname or someone else is willing to maintain it.

You could put your news and announcements there if you have any, use
techbase for informing people how to contribute to the app (in all ways,
not just coding), and use userbase for whatever users need to know.