New dot brings many dead links

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Tue Feb 10 18:27:22 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, 10. Februar 2009 schrieb Kyle Cunningham:
> > Are there any plans to fix it?
> > Making redirects?
>
> I already made a module to do this.  It could break everything on the
> dot however.  I'd like to test it some more before activating it.
Sounds very good. Thanks for that.

> > Another question regarding the dot:
> > Could somebody please give a little background information.
> > What engine is powering the dot? CMS?
> > Where is it hosted? SVN?
> > What is the content storage format? DB, XML, flatfile?
>
> The dot is being powered by Drupal and backed with MySql.  Code wise
> it's on the dot server ;).  It should be in svn but I don't have an
> account.  The modules I've made for this need some cleanup and then will
> be going into contrib on Drupal.org.
Nice. Some weeks ago I started using drupal for some smaller projects and love
it.

> Drupal has native translation capabilities so this isn't need.
kde.de stores its news in xml files for each quarter till eight years.
So I would like continue to host german translations on kde.de instead on
dot.kde.org until we have a global cms system.

> At that point it would be a matter of pulling off of an RSS feed.
Good idea. Never thought of that, sometimes good things are so obvious :-( :-)

Cheers,
Mark