Streamlining bugs.kde.org

Datschge datschge at gmx.net
Thu May 1 17:10:55 UTC 2003

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2003 12:09 schrieb Chris Howells:
> Thanks for all your work, but I must admit that I'm not a great fan of the
> new one. The new one takes up loads of vertical space, but little
> horizontal space, leaving huge gaps at the side. Now I have to scroll down
> the page to find what I want, before I could see the whole query page on
> the screen at the same time, making it much easier to construct queries.

I agree that the latest version is using available space way too
inefficiently. I'm looking for a way to let the different sections "flow"
into available space. So far I only know of the CSS "float" attribute to
achieve the effect I want, and it works very screwy atm. =/

See a pregenerated test page at http://datschge.gmxhome.de/query.html I'm
still tweaking hoping to get some reliable results and appreciate any
suggestion how to improve that behavior.

Regards, Datschge