Announcements

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Mon Mar 10 09:52:31 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 10:32, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> [Stephan Binner]
>
> > You mean under the "Latest Announcements" category? I can't remember
> > seeing Quanta (or Kopete or anything other than the big three
> > KDE/KDevelop/KOffice) there.
>
> kdeaccessibility is not a single application release, but a package like
> kdenetwork or kdeaddons.

I agree, but generally we only announced KDE, KOffice and KDevelop and the
later was an exception AFAIK.

> > And, sorry :-), kdeaccessibility are only  three very small programs.
>
> Well, I agree, Gnome has far better accessibilty support, but we have to
> start somewhere.

Yes

> > Please go with a dot story which will appear on kde.org too for some
> > time.
>
> I wrote a dot story for the beta release, it was silently dropped without
> explanation.

Navindra, any comment?

> [Dirk Mueller]
>
> > I think its okay to link kdeaccessibility as announcement.
>
> Well, now I have one opinion for it, one against it, and no opinion of the
> kde.org mainainers.

I am only one of three votes, but I think announcing KDE working on
accessibility is valid for the announcement part. Is the accessibility module
part of the 3.1.1 release? Perhaps some coordination can be done there?

> As there has been no announcement or news story about the creation of the
> kdeaccessibility CVS module, I hope that it is at least possible to have
> a news story and an announcement once we release kdeaccessibility 1.0
> (for KDE 3.x), as I think it is important news that KDE is at last
> developiong some accessibility related software and that we are not
> silently sending all handicapped users to different desktops.

I strongly vote for the dot announcement, since this is what is used on most
other newstickers (linuxtoday, /. etc.) When you want to write a lengthy
announcement I am not against linking it from the top index page, since
accessibility is not to be judged by LOC.

MfG
	Rainer