Slight change to the way $site_title works

Mat Colton mat.colton at web-xs.de
Sun Mar 2 19:14:59 UTC 2003

Am Samstag, 1. März 2003 19:21 schrieb Chris Howells:
> I would like to make it so that you $site_title always remains constant for
> a individual site (kde.org, usability.kde.org), but an additional variable
> called $page_title is introduced for each page.

That is quite nice, search spiders like title tags. Besides that it is helpful
for disabled visitors using screen readers.

> The header.inc file would be modified to look something like this:
>
> print "<title>$site_title - $page_title</title>\n";

Is there always going to be a page title, i.e. it is forced? Otherwise:

if ($page_title)
{
  $page_title = " - $page_title";
}

might be nicer, so that the dash is only included in case a page title exists.
--
Bye,
Mat