Including FTOSX in KDE list ...

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Thu Jun 5 21:43:25 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 05:29:54AM +0800, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> How exactly is it going to have an adverse effect on KDE if we list them as
> providing binary packages? Fair enough this means they are likely to need an
> FTP account but surely this would be locked down to their own directory, so
> how is that such a risk?

Well, apparently there have been some clashes between the KDE League and
the FT company. But since the KDE League doesn't represent KDE, I don't
think that can count as argument as long as the reasons are disclosed - even
if done for legal reasons.

This kind of secrecy is the exact thing that some people dislike(d) about
the League.. a project like KDE shouldn't have to place its trust in a group
of insiders. Regardless of whether those insiders are right or not.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."