wwwtesting - blue

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Jan 30 23:22:22 UTC 2003

Hi Tink!

Thanks for you long reply to my e-mail. I obviously really misunderstood
your first mail, and I did not guess that my reply would hurt you, as I
had no idea you had studied design. Sorry.

> |> FYI there is no such color named 'Royal Blue'.
> |
> |FYI royalblue is a named colour in HTML and CSS (#4169E1).
>
> We're talking about 2 different things here. RGB colors and print
> colors.
>
> In the world of corporate identity [...]

Thanks for explaining it in such depth.

I think we have an agreement now: There is indeed a colour named "Royal
Blue", and I am allowed to use this name, but it is not an official print
colour, which you would like to only use.

> Just because people use in on websites does not mean it is used in
> the professional world of color use. i.e print.

I never claimed that it is used as a professional print colour name.
I just defended my "right" to use the term. ;-)

I used the name "Royal Blue" because it is (at least in Germany as
"Königsblau") a very common name for a certain part of the blue colour
spectrum, but I never meant this to be an exact CMYK colour definition.

> I did not tell you to change the color, I merely offered adivce
> saying it should be checked to make the colors weren't accidently the
> same as the MS colors to avoid any problems.

By now I am convinced that we should indeed change the colours. Thanks for
bringing this up.

You didn't comment on the small change I suggested, which is based on a
colour traditionally associated with KDE. Is this change enough, or do
you have any other colour scheme you would like to suggest?

> Nowhere did I ever attacked Sebastian.

"anyone professional knows it's something you do check before you start"
looked like an attack to me, if it wasn't meant like this, then I
apologize and take back my critique.

Olaf.

- --
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility Project
KDEAP co-maintainer, maintainer of http://accessibility.kde.org