Standards or not ?

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Fri Jan 24 21:31:48 UTC 2003

Hi,

Just a short point about standards:  you use the term a lot but do not define
it.  What you seem to mean by "standard" is "the draft specification developed
by w3c.org", then you are using:

  * a completely undemocratic organization
  * an organization which seriously considered making standards subject to an
individual's monopoly (i.e., requiring royalty payments), with these individuals
having great influence over what is a "standard" or not (i.e. a huge conflict of
interest, not to mention likely anti-trust violations and other criminal
behavior)
  * a specification which is nowhere implemented so if you create s
standards-compliant webpage, surprise, it is very much possible that *nobody*
can use it

If that is your def'n of "standard", then I pass on standards, thank you very
much.

Ciao,

Dre