http://wwwtesting.kde.org/

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Fri Jan 24 19:40:30 UTC 2003

Hi,

The site does not work with KDE 3.0.  Compare wwwtesting.kde.org
(http://promo.kde.org/testing/wwwtesting.jpg) with the prior
www.kde.org/testing/ (http://promo.kde.org/testing/testing.jpg).

What browsers are the developers testing the designs with, BTW?  I mean there
are still people using Netscape 4.x, and while the site for them may not have
all the bells and whistles, it should not scream "go away" like wwwtesting does
:-/.

I would point out that the goal of standards, while very laudable, is not an end
in itself.  The reason to comply with standards is so everyone can access the
site.   That is not the case if you exclusively rely (with no backup) on
features only available in the very latest releases of browsers.

Ciao,

Dre