New KDE Website Logo

Sebastian Faubel s.faubel at web.de
Thu Jan 16 18:01:53 UTC 2003

> I really like the logo at http://www.mieterra.com/promo/kde_logo.jpg , which was
> in one incarnation of the new KDE.org website design.

thanks ;-) but it's based mostly on everaldos work, regrettably he's not
abled to support me with a really original logo.

> I would like to use some of the elements for a KDE business card - actually all
> the elements, just re-arranged a bit.  (If someone has existing business card
> designs, or would like to help me come up with one in the next couple days,
> please let me know.)

who needs KDE business cards?

> I think the acqua-esque KDE gear is the same as on the dot, but is there a large
> version of this somewhere?  Also the background with the blue-gradient 3-D gear
> is damn cool, is that available somewhere in a bigger size and in a layer by
> itself?

The "acqua-esque KDE gear" is a 64x64 KMenu Icon taken from the Crystal
Iconset, which can be found here:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=2539.
The blue gradient KDE gear is taken from a splash-screen also originated
by everaldo. Can be found at:
www.everaldo.com/crystal/splashscreens.html

> Thanks in advance, and this is very timely (show next week !).

okay.