Problem porting Usability to the new design

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 16 09:39:12 UTC 2003

Apart from having to re-do all the menu.inc's which isn't really a problem
just time consuming, I'd like to be able to replace the Search form from the
main page with the existing one from usability.kde.org.

There is two possible solutions, firstly to create and use a custom version of
the include with the different search function or include logic in the main
one, something like if ($SearchEngine = 'Usability') then use the usability
one else use the default one. The latter is better for maintainability but
just adds a little bloat to the include, is it okay to proceed with this?

Also with the Sitemap being located in /family we need to add that to the
procedures for porting and mirroring, talking of which did anyone ever write
a quick guide on how to do a port? If not once I've finished usability I
might put something together. :-)

Now I'm actually using the new design, I am really starting to like it. Kudos
to all that are involved in making it happen. :-)

PS. just realised I haven't fixed the Location function to include the current
page yet, I'll do that while porting usability.

Regards
--
Jason Bainbridge				|	KDE - Conquer Your Desktop
Maintainer - http://usability.kde.org	|	webmaster at usability.kde.org
Co-Maintainer - http://kde.org		|	webmaster at kde.org