solution for .php braking millions of links to our pages?

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 5 13:23:10 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:10, Neil Stevens wrote:

> Bad practice?  How is using "php" files a better practice than using "html"
> files?  Theoretically we shouldn't have anything appended to the urls.
> But if we're going to do it, it doesn't matter what ending we append, does
> it?

Well would you on your local filesystem name PNG files with a .BMP extension
and then add a mimetype that treats them as a PNG file? Not a great example
as the mimetypes would do the same thing, but HTML files IMHO should be
static HTML where PHP files are PHP scripts.

> And don't you think breaking links is worse than being irked?

I proposed a solution that would alleviate that problem so that's a moot point
and Rob has already provided the code...

Regards,
Jason