Translation of wwwtesting

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Wed Feb 5 12:32:23 UTC 2003

Am Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2003 13:02 schrieb Olaf Jan Schmidt:
> [Daniel Molkentin]
>
> > Like that one? :)
> >
> > http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2002/06/13/php.html
> > (using tradition gettext)
>
> Yes, something like that.
>
> I don't know php very well, but if someone else wishes to extend my idea
> using gettext, that's fine of course.
>
> Olaf.

There are built in functions in PHP for translation, have to investigate this.
I have no time for it today or tomorrow, so it will be during he weekend
until I come up with a summary how they are working and perhaps an example.

On the whole topic: I think national sites should reflect national content,
too. (for example kde.de) So a simple translation is not the way to go IMHO.
and changing only the language for navigation and not the content is a no go,
IMHO.

This my subjective opinion, but I want ot come up with a possibility to do
this anyway.

MfG
	Rainer