ok, so *WHERE* do I find them?

Alan Larson alarson at switchanddata.com
Mon Apr 21 23:48:01 UTC 2003

> >   Thanks.  I have been using kconsole, but it is an older version, which
> > works just fine.
>
> I have never heard of kconsole.  I don't believe this was ever bundled
> in the KDE core distribution, but I could be wrong.

  Typo.  konsole.

konsole -v
Qt: 2.3.0
KDE: 2.1.1
Konsole: 1.0.1

> > > What version of KDE are you using?  All you should have to do is
> > > install kdeartwork go to KControl->Icons and select/apply the Lo or Hi
> > > colour icon themes.
> >
> >   3.1.  I go there, and the only choice is Conectiva Crystal - SVG ...
> > There are no others to select.
>
> Where did you get your packages from?

  kde came from FreeBSD 4.8 install disc.  I got kdeartwork from
ftp.kde.org ...  kdeartwork-3.1.tar.bz2

> Did you compile and install kdeartwork properly?

  After running configure and doing a make, it failed saying:
fountain.h:24: fountaincfg.h: No such file or directory

  Of course, I didn't care about that, but that seems to take it down.
I just wanted to replace the icons.  Perhaps I am overly optomistic, but
wouldn't there be the icon set as a tar file somewhere, ready for install?

  Thanks,

	Alan