About the logo competition

Unai Garro Unai.Garro at ee.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 16 04:17:20 UTC 2003

I'm writing you here about the logo competition that you organised a short
while ago. From what I know, read, and heard, it seems that the only
reason
for organising this competition is that you actually don't have the
sources
for the current logo, and you would like to modify it for other sites.

I would like to call your attention to this post in kde-look about the
competition, posted by Navindra:

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=5626#c25356

There is a person that claims that he is the author of the original logo
(http://www.kde-look.org/usermanager/search.php?username=root66). Not only
that: he says that he shares the sources with whoever wants them. Please
read
the posting by the end of the article.

Now... I don't know why exactly you have organised this competition then,
not
even why you didn't try to contact the author about this matter. People in
general like the logo and the author has the sources. So what's the
problem?

>From my understanding point, I find that you are doing a pretty cruel
thing to
this artist, who has spent the time doing this logo, especially when you
have
been using the logo for so long, not even mentioning who made it.

Best regards,

	Unai Garro Arrazola