new page layout for KDE-pages / Keramik

marko faas argus at dds.nl
Thu Sep 5 14:51:27 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 21:14, Klaus Staerk wrote:
> Hi Marko,
> Hi all,
>
> sorry for answering that late ...

<snip>

> True, Mark. But let's keep the sections more "open" by taking them to the
> navbar (as mentioned above) - so a user can switch from one section to
> another very easy.

Indeed! I was thinking about a kind of topnavbar which is always visible
so you can switch easily from one section to another. Maybe even with
something like 'Switch to same section in
advanced/professional/beginners/etc' Same as I would like to see on
every page a ' Swith to same section in the german/dutch/spanish/etc
version'

> > > Hm, maybe we should start with a proposal for a new layout for the KDE
> > > pages, what do you think?
> >
> > I agree, but before we start designing, we should tell the designer
> > *what* to design. So we have to come up with an basic interaction
> > design. Hopefully based on my proposals ;-)
>
> How was this handled in the past when the KDE-pages were
> re-launched/re-designed? Were there several proposals made by the KDE
> artists? Who else has to be involved in this process?

I don't know. I have very good experiences with web site design when you
have roughly this process:
- Brainstorm (that is were we are now :-)
- Define the possibilities and unpossibilities (budget, system, time)
- Define functionalities
- Create a sitemap
- Create rough clickable prototypes (no design yet)
- Create some designs, choose one and fit it on top of the prototypes
- Choose a Content Management System (if necessary)
- Program everything together
- Translate/create all content and put it in the system
- Test, test, test
- Test again
- Correct all errors
- Launch