RedHat RPMs for Beta releases

Manik Surtani manik.surtani at conchango.com
Wed Sep 4 10:55:41 UTC 2002

Hi,

I am a redhat user and I am keen to try out the new KDE 3.1 beta 1.

Looking through your ftp and http download sites though, I only see RPM
binaries for Mandrake and SuSE.

I understand that both Mandrake and SuSE sponsor KDE, so it is
understandable that you have these binaries available - but what about
other popular binary formats like RedHat RPMs and Debian deb's?

I am willing to volunteer to run a script to create the RedHat RPM
packages from the tarballs everytime a new alpha or beta is made, and
submit the binaries to your download sites.

And I know someone (a staunch Debian supporter) who would be willing to
make deb's as well...

How would I go about doing this?

Manik Surtani
Conchango
'Innovative Change in Business'

T 44 (0) 1784 221829
M 44 (0) 7786 702 706
E manik.surtani at conchango.com

http://www.conchango.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us as soon as possible. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.