Requirements

Mat Colton mat.colton at web-xs.de
Mon Oct 28 01:38:19 UTC 2002

The basics:
1. XHTML 1.1 and CSS
2. WAI compliant. Check it with Bobby if you wish, but stick to the W3C recs.
3. Navigation should be easy and not overdone. Front page of kde.org should
offer news/announcements and maybe appsy entries of the current day.
Personally I think a link to appsy at a prominent position should be enough.
Navigation of the front page should contain links to the different
categories, but not links to every kde.org sub domain. The category pages
must not contain links to hundred of KDE sites, this only confuses the
visitor. The average visitor that is. Not you guys and gals, as you are
probably pros. I am very concerned about this, as most of the drafts habe 50+
links on the page. There are companies out there with a lot more products to
sell then the KDE project has, still they do not try to sell everything on
the front page. :P
4. Must be usable from PDA display to 1600x1200 resolution at least. What is
PDA? Mostly 240x320x8bit?
--
Bye,
Mat