Could the endless disscussion stop ? ;)

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 21 21:56:24 UTC 2002

Christoph Cullmann <cullmann at babylon2k.de> wrote:
> seems we arrived at a point where much more disscussion won't lead to any
> success, or ?
> The 2 side menu <--> 1 side menu left <--> 1 side menu right fractions seems
> to be pretty frozen and senseless "but x sided menus on the xxxx side of the
> screen are better because of ........" mails won't bring any success.
> Could we now please just simply vote which design concept will make it ?

As far as I see almost everyone agrees you are the maintainer/dictator
for the new www.kde.org.  I agree that without one this will get us
nowhere fast.  Besides, wasn't there a huge vote on kde-look.org
already?

Anyhow, I think the testing page is pretty sweet, but I'm worried that
the apps listing is missing.  Also I strongly hope that URL backward
compatibility is kept and that adequate testing be done with browsers.
When developer.kde.org broke all their links it was a big enough
fiasco...  Also please be careful about moving files which present an
external interface to the world.

Cheers,
Navin
(only following one of every thousand message of the endless
discussion)