Consolidation of kde domains to the main server? (was: Re: Structure of our websites (in CVS + on the servers))

Jason Bainbridge JaseOne at myrealbox.com
Mon Oct 14 06:52:55 UTC 2002

It isn't just a re-organisation of CVS that is proposed that's why, if it was just re-organising CVS there wouldn't be any problems except for updating the cron jobs to grab the source from the right place.

The proposal as I understand it as it is at the moment is to keep the existing www module and move everything under that within the different categories so each of the sites would be referencing the single template in www/templates.

So Noatun for example would be in CVS under www/multimedia/noatun, using the templates in www/templates, accessed by http://kde.org/multimedia/noatun and also by http://noatun.kde.org.

I still like my idea in regards to re-organising CVS and leaving the servers as is, especially if we take this opportunity to document it all so we can keep track of what's hosted where and who is responsible for it.

Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop - http://kde.org
KDE Web Team - webmaster at kde.org
KDE Usability Project - http://usability.kde.org