redesign of kde.org

Rainer Endres endres at physos.org
Sun Oct 6 13:31:14 UTC 2002

Hi

I strongly vote not to hurry the redesign of the main KDE website.

A website consists of more than the look. This was one of the conclusions in
the discussions about the new design some weeks back.

I suggest to first get 3-4 ppl together who are:

a) willing and capable to do the work needed for a renovation

and

b) are willing to maintain the site afterwards.

There is no sense in discussing things with no conlusion on a list not really
read by anybody.

I would really like to work together with others on a proposal/RFC which
includes a complete site "refreshment". The kde.org site is more than the
index.html. When there are others who have similar thoughts about this, feel
free to contact me. Either on irc (irc.kde.org; #kde/#kde-devel; nick:
physos) or per mail.

I really think there has to be something more "thought about" and working to
get real input and this can not be achieved by just commenting and voicing
opinions.

	Rainer