discussion? where? well, not here...

Mat Colton mat.colton at web-xs.de
Sun Nov 24 02:57:19 UTC 2002

Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Saturday November 23, 2002 08:38, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > Mat Colton wrote:
> > > It's fine if they're commercial. But since it doesn't belong to KDE we
> > > have no influence on the site. So maybe tomorrow they'll ask for a
> > > subscription for everything. What do we know? So IMHO I wouldn't put
> > > that on the front page. Staying IMHO we should set up a apps.kde.org.
> > >
> > > :)
> >
> > Errh, you do know that I run the site?
>
> I think his point isn't affected by who runs the site.

Exactly.

>  You are asking us
> to invest trust and HTML space in your site, but we have no guarantees
> from you about anything.

HTML space? No guarantees? Hmm, please enlighten me. What/who is Appsy, what
does it have to do with KDE? KDE is a free project, kde.com isn't?

> If Mieterra were willing to turn control of the site over to KDE, that
> would change things.  But for now, depending on apps.kde.com requires some
> faith.

That's what I mean. Who or what is MieTerra LLC? How do they earn their money?
All I found on my short search was that the company is from Omaha, Nebraska.
--
Bye,
Mat