Download.kde.org

marko faas argus at dds.nl
Mon Nov 11 00:34:57 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 08:49, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a prototype of a new frontend for download.kde.org at
> http://download.kde.com/ .  On the final one I suspect the content will be
> surrounded by the usual KDE.org theme.
>
> Please test and provide feedback, it should be up by Monday for the 3.0.5
> release.  (Hint:  after you have made a server selection, try going there
> again).

Looks great! I like this concept. Just a couple of remarks:

- Shouldn't the image be in png instead of jpg?
- I do understand it correctly that a user first has to click on the
file s/he wants and then this page appears? And not the bad way: the
other way round?
- Are colors compatible with the new color scheme? It would be nice of
the colors would fit the new design...
- Maybe in time we can have individual countries listed also?
- How come we don't have a mirror in antarctica :-)

Austrasia is not widely used, however Lonely Planet does so. Imho it
should be Oceania (for a list of countries: http://www.oceania.com/). I
would divide Asia in South-East Asia (for a list of countries:
http://sunsite.nus.edu.sg/asiasvc.html), the Middle East and mainland
Asia.

Marko Faas
(argus at dds.nl)