[Kde-women] Input for talk?

the.lady.phoenix at gmail.com the.lady.phoenix at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:16:48 UTC 2012

I agree that his answer was iffy at best, but the computer club barely
has enough members at the start of each year to keep going.  I'm
currently going to a small public school on my own dime, (US slang for
I'm paying for in this case, my schooling without any assistance) so
its not surprising that its hard to get enough people to start let
alone maintain a school club, especially one aimed at a minority that
the government doesn't feel a need to help.  There is a club on campus
that is restricted to minority males and gets government money however,
if I were to start one it would have to open to the guys.  Thinking about it,
I don't think that should be much of a problem, just add that disrespectful
guys will be asked to behave, second offense to leave, be asked to leave
twice or refuse to once asked, call the campus police, have them escorted
out and banned for their disrespectful behaviour.  The school is big on the
respect thing, which I like, I don't see it from everyone but from
enough to know
that more are then aren't.

I'm going to try and get one going if I end up going to a co-ed school
for my higher education otherwise I'll be going to an all women's
college were I don't think it would be as hard to start and maintain a
group of women supporting each other.  Which was my basic idea,
support each other to learn the material and deal with any shall we
say any attitutes that we may encounter along the way.  I did visit the
student orgization advisor and got some info on club rules.  I'm thinking
perhaps having a few info sessions to see what sort of interest there is and
see if any of the instructors in other departments would be willing to
advertise,
such as the math, nursing, computer, physcis, chem, and artiecture departments.

ON a happier note, there is a Regional LinuxFest in a city around 3-4
hours from my door to the confrence center's doors.  They are meeting
next June, of which companies such as google, hp, and oracle were
sponsors last year.  Plus KDE was there.  Sadly there isn't any information
the cost of attending like what the rooms cost last year, or the enterance fee.
So I'll be checking in on the website as often as I can remember to,
until I find
out.