[Kde-women] Upgrading from KDE 3.4 to 3.54 in Suse 9.3 (Suse go kaBOOM)

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Thu Sep 14 10:58:11 CEST 2006

Hi Genny,

On 14.09.2006 03:56, Genny wrote:
> My question here is, did it really work?  Is it safe to reboot my
> computer/proceed with installing the rest of the packages?  What was the
> permissions and ownerships error?

I have no experience with Smart but it looks ok to me. I would interprete the
wrong permissions to have been fixed.

> When I tried to reinstall Opera (web browser) I got this error:
> File '/opt/kde3/share/applications/kde/knights.desktop' contains invalid
> MIME type 'application/x-chess-pgn,Application' that contains invalid
> character

Did you try to delete the respective line in that file using Kate?
( I guess the trailing ",Application" just doesn't belong there )

> Is this normal?

No.

> Should I simply delete that file?  since i never ever used that program I
> have uninstalled it.

If you delete the file, the application won't appear in the K-Menu.

> #9  0x41db6453 in scim::TransactionReader::get_data_type ()

SCIM is the component which deals with input methods (i.e. stuff like
asian/non-latin letters). No idea why this is causing trouble here. So yes,
it might be related to the qt-packages or some incompatible libraries which
deal with scim input, however I'm not familiar with that stuff.

Torsten