[Kde-women] hello?

annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Aug 29 20:46:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

There is a need for kids software as there are few available. In KDE-Edu we try
to develop educational software but there is none for very young children.
The first one your child would use would be a "baby keys" one. Typing on any key
will trigger an action as a sound, a baloon inflating, an animation of
something...
Any small game which respond to a baby typing would be nice.
A coloring book as well is missing. TuxPaint is a nice painting tool though.
You can try GCompris which is not KDE but it'll give you an idea of what exists.

I also have a nearly-6-months daughter :) and I am also interested in kid
software :))

Nice meeting you!

annma