[Kde-women] Job database

C.M.Lotion cmlotion at wanadoo.nl
Sun Apr 10 00:29:18 CEST 2005

Hi Anne-Marie, Ines and Lauri,

Thanks a lot for your answers. Sorry for me answering late!

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 07:51, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi Lauri,
>
> I see your point. However the Quality Team failed to turn with any
> productive idea and last time I looked at the Junior Jobs bugs (I thought I
> could work on some) I was appealed. One was to port KMail to KConfig XT
> (89446). How Junior is that, I am not sure ;-)

:) so it's not just me

> Anyway it's all too complicated ad of course a database needs huge work.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering about the kde-woman db. There were some
suggestions for alternatives on the kde-www list, but what I like about
bugs.kde.org is that it is a KDE-wide system, used and maintained.

- divide et impera ? -
I was thinking of providing custom "views" of the kde bug database to directly
provide a configurable subset of the database content based on the product,
something like when you select a product or run the wizard. Such a view can
be embedded in the product's website, and be maintained by the product's
active community with relevant extra information(kde-women, kde-webteam,
kde-quality (check JJs) etc). Of course, bugs.kde.org should still be
available and it would be the place were everything is put together.

Benefits: easy access to file bugs, manage and maintain "bugs" database for
kde teams and provide more meaningful representation/extra information.
Drawbacks: view system needs to be developed and has to be easy to maintain so
they will actually be maintained

Actually, tasks/jobs database would be a better name than bugs database, since
not only bugs are managed and it's more positive ;) .

> For those who want to be involved in doing something, I suggest that the
> first task would be to update women.kde.org and to think of new ideas to
> keep it going.

:) I would like to get involved with kde-women, although the upcoming week(s)
I will not be available that much. Thanks again.

Regards,

Claire