[Kde-women] bei wem kommen die Fragen an?

Esme esme at nocturnal.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 19:57:46 CEST 2004

Hello!

To comment very briefly on the women in OSS movement, my guess would be
economic. It's harder for us to get jobs that pay as well as men - and often
we are still expected to be homemakers as well. So if the choice is between
working unwaged on open source software or be paid to work on proprietary
software, it may be no real choice at all for many.

I havent had a chance to look at the KDE development stuff in Linux as yet,
because I've needed to start learning SQL in a hurry. But I hope to take a
look at it soon.

Esme